You know how some nights you’re sitting on the couch after cleaning up dinner and you’re just craving a little something sweet? Ok fine, it’s not some nights, it’s every night. Like actually every single one… I legitimately have chocolate every day. No joke. I keep 85% dark chocolate in my house at all times and pretty much have a piece every night. But sometimes I just need a little more.
This recipe is a fun, easy way to get some warm, gooey yummy in yo tummy with ingredients that really couldn’t be much cleaner!
- mug or 6-oz ramekin
- Mix the coconut flour, cacao powder, and baking soda.
- Add the syrup and almond milk and stir until blended evenly, with no clumps.
- Next add the egg and continue to combine evenly.
- Pour the batter into the mug of your choice.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- When it's done, top with a few chocolate chips and berries.
I used this 6-oz porcelain ramekin, but you most definitely can use any mug or bowl you have.
I’ve also LOVED topping this with a dollop of coconut cream.
It’s fluffy and warm and gooey and just so wonderful. Good, simple, wholesome ingredients. Healthy fats, good protein and only 10 grams of sugar. And sweetened with maple syrup instead of cane sugar means added antioxidants, a lower glycemic impact, and extra vitamins like zinc, calcium and potassium! All the things indulgence should be. Enjoy!