Alright, y’all have been asking for a long time for my grocery lists so here’s the first installment: Trader Joe’s! I looove Trader Joe’s. It’s hard to compete with them when it comes to offering healthy, convenient and affordably priced options. They have lots of organic and nourishing options (BUT they’ve also got lots laced with sugar and vegetable oils and gluten so you’ve still got to check the ingredients of any product you pick up.
I of course don’t buy all of these every time I go. Some of these are my staples; some are splurges. But all are awesome.
(I linked everything I could just so you know what you’re looking for. They’re definitely cheaper to buy in stores than on Amazon, but I hope that helps.)
- Riced Cauliflower & Riced Broccoli – for sneaking into any soup or sauce or anywhere I can.
- Vegan Cashew Pesto – A great alternative to pesto when I’m avoiding dairy!
- Unexpected Cheddar Cheese – I don’t eat much dairy, but when I do, it’s TJ’s unexpected cheddar cheese. So. Stinkin. Good.
- Chicken Sausages – The garlic herb is my favorite. They’re just a great & easy way to mix up a protein source for meals. Check the ingredients. Most are really clean but some do have added sugar.
- Cauliflower Florets – I like to buy these just because they’re so convenient. I’ll steam them then freeze them for smoothies.
- Chopped Butternut Squash – For my Golden Crockpot Soup, cuz aint nobody got time to chop their squash.
- Organic Arugula – I typically buy my lettuce in bulk at Costco, but I like to get arugula here because it’s my absolute favorite green.
- Stir Fry Veggies – Just so easy to throw in a pan with some chicken or salmon and coconut aminos.
- Unsweetened Organic Acai Packets – These are amazing to pop in smoothies or smoothie bowls. Full of all the immune boosting nutrients with none of the sugar.
- Organic Edamame – Love these for a quick and easy protein-filled snack.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust – So yes, it doesn’t fool people and taste exactly like normal pizza crust. And it does have corn, which I don’t typically eat a ton of. But it’s a fun way to get more cruciferous vegetables in!
- Grass Fed Angus Beef Burgers – High quality meat with great flavor. I love to top it with avocado & side it with raw veggies for a super easy lunch.
- Organic Canned Coconut Milk – lol. If you follow on Instagram, you know why this is funny. I literally buy 12+ cans every time I go to TJ’s and the checkout people always laugh at me. It’s the BEST y’all! Organic + no guar gums + only $1.99! I put it in everything. My Bulletproof Superfood Coffee Creamer, my Chia Pudding, my Golden Crockpot Soup. Everything.
- Mixed Nut Butter – Really just all their nut butters. But this one is bomb and packed with extra healthy nuts.
- Olive Tapenade – This is one of my more recent TJ’s finds and I’m obsessed. Olives are such a great, filling snack because of their healthy fats, and this has such great flavor. Eat it with a couple of Jilz Crackers and it’s the perfect salty nibble in between meals.
- Marcona Almonds with Rosemary – This is another item that is just an occasional splurge but maaan they’re so good. Marcona almonds are from mediterranean decent and they’re smooth and buttery and covered in rosemary they’re just absolutely insanely delicious.
- Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend – This blend isn’t entirely paleo, but it’s loaded with awesome seeds and fiber and protein and nutrients and I find it to be a great alternative for tossing on salads or smoothie bowls.
- Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning – This stuff has been all the rage on instagram and for all the right reasons. It’s amazing. If you want to add some good flavor to just about anything, throw this on top. Featured here: avocado toast, chicken tacos
- Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate – I’m still quite a noob when it comes to understanding coffee, and I very rarely consume anything outside of my morning cup of Bulletproof Superfood, but this is a great organic option for those rare times I’m really craving an iced latte in the afternoon.
- Coconut Oil Spray – So yes, this does have a few additives to make it sprayable, but it’s organic coconut oil and it’s convenient. And sometimes that wins. I use this mostly for spraying sweet potatoes or other veggies for roasting.
- Bay Leaves – Great for flavoring soups!
- Coconut Oil Packets – Ok these are awesome. I don’t use them at home because I’ve got my massive tub of coconut oil, but I bring them on the go when we’re leaving for trips with some tea bags. I can’t always get my bulletproof coffee on the road, but regardless of where we are I can always get a cup of hot water and get in some healthy fats.
- Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil – Popcorn is one of those tricky foods that can be pretty healthy but is mostly not because it’s always packaged in vegetable oils. This olive oil one is delicious! Casmir noms on it all the time.
- B Complex – Truthfully I haven’t done a ton of research on any of their supplements but I trust TJ’s so I picked up their B complex one day and I’ve liked it!
- Melatonin – Melatonin is my lifesaver. I only take it every so often when I really need it, but TJ’s has some awesome options.
- Lavender Dryer Bags – In switching over to natural products, I’ve avoided dryer sheets and instead started throwing these in the laundry. They smell so great!
- Unscented Candles – I burn these on the dinner table or in the bathroom for my baths.
I hope this inspires you to try some new products the next time you’re there! Add them to your grocery list and let me know how you like them. Next grocery list on the docket: Costco.