Have you tried my homemade almond milk recipe? Have you wondered what to do with all that almond pulp leftover in the bag? These protein energy balls are the perfect way to utilize it!
shop the recipe
If you’re on my Instagram, you’ve seen me raving about this Rootz protein blend. Not only is it free of whey and rice protein (two protein sources that really bloat me and cause inflammation in my system), but it’s also loaded up with tons of additional superfood nutrients. Seriously, check these ingredients:
Egg White Protein, Sacha Inchi Protein, Hemp Protein, Coconut, Banana, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Maca Root, Bee Pollen, Acai, Goji Berries, Blueberries, Royal Jelly, Spirulina, Chlorella, Kale, Spinach, Broccoli, Natural Chocolate Extract, Natural Vanilla Extract, Stevia Leaf, Cinnamon, Natural Sea Salt
I mean C’MON! It absolutely does not get better than that. All real foods that grow from the ground in their most natural state; all foods that supply us with bioavailable nutrients to support our cell functioning. Everything that our food should be doing for us! Plus it’s just really yummy.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop Rootz Paleo Superfood Protein
- 1 square 85% dark chocolate
- a pinch himalayan pink salt
- almond pulp leftover from almond milk recipe
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Take your chocolate and zest or shave it into fine pieces. (I used a zester for really fine pieces, but you can also just shave it or crush it if you want larger chunks.)
- Evenly mix coconut flour, protein powder, chocolate shavings, and pink sea salt.
- Add almond milk pulp. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup.
- Mix both bowls together.
- Shape into separate balls.
We’re so easily fed the thinking that food is just calories and we should avoid it, but that is SO far from true. Food is FUEL. It is the best weapon we have against disease and the greatest tool we have for a healthy mind, body and soul. If we love our food, it loves us right back. With pure, whole food ingredients, these balls are everything we should be eating. With lots of healthy fats and superfood nutrients, they make a perfect snack to keep you going between meals. I hope you love them; I know they’ll fuel you to conquer your day in the best way.